Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Night Before Happiness..........

It is a rough world out there. I sometimes think I'm happy and that I'm living and loving my life, and BAM, it hits me, I haven 't the slightest clue. Happiness can be ruined by an argument, stress, another day of trying to quit smoking, a bad day at work, a rainy day, another depressing movie on Lifetime, etc. I'm sure that when I am confronted by these random acts of "unhappiness" I go full force into a direction that I shouldn't. However, my actions are hopefully about to change.

For 100 days I will try to shed a new light on how I deal with things that take my happiness away. My desire is to learn how to deal with stress in a way that is beneficial to me, to the world, and to my happiness. During these days, I will try and not use profanity, I will not be catty, I will recycle, I will do things that I love, I will do things that I've always wanted to do, and I will become a better person. In three hours, my negativity is out the window. In three hours, my life will start a journey of what I hope endures growth, spirituality, and an enlightened look at what happiness really means to me. I hope to get a better sense of myself, and to find out exactly who I am.

My ultimate goal is genuine happiness, and in all honesty, isn't that the goal of everyone?

This will be a learning experience for me and also an overall look at viewing my life day by day. I would normally say that I hope this isn't a waste of time; but that's just me being negative. Since I'm ridding myself of old habits, I'm going to type the word 'fuck' to get that out of the way too. Fuck.....sorry just needed one more........here we go........



PS If there are any suggestions to help me on this journey, please share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment