Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 4 & 5........One, Two, Three, Four, Tell Me That You'll Pay Me More

I'm sitting in Starbucks watching it rain, such a nice day. I apologize for not posting anything last night, I had no internet access for the latter part of the evening. Yesterday was a pretty good day! I didn't have to be at work until 11:30am, and I only had to work until 5. The dogs and I did our normal morning routine and went to the park to play soccer then went through the drive-thru at Starbucks. The people that work there pretty much know them, so Briggon and Gisele usually end up with either a small cup of whipped cream each, or a biscuit. I am still trying different ways of brushing off stress or crazy customers, and I'm doing a pretty good job! I have found that smiling helps. My amazing coworker Amy and I had some pretty insane customers for about the last hour at work yesterday. It was rainy all day, and I guess they didn't enjoy it? They were a bit rude and it was over nothing. I didn't even let it bother me. Amy and I did make a few remarks back and forth, but I really didn't let it affect me. I left work, and left all that happened that day there too.

I didn't make my daily purchase for cigarettes yesterday either. Even though I did give Amy a dollar when I needed one of hers, I didn't do it that much.

It's funny to me how people can try to send out their negative energy to others. I received emails last night starting around 11pm via my Blackberry since my computer wasn't working. I may have the email function turned off of my phone, because I really don't feel the need to be that tied to technology and it is a bit of a nuisance for the most part. Anyway, email can be used as a chicken-shit way of getting points across that should be done in person. Most people have probably done it, but with some things, they should definitely be left until the receiver is actually standing in front of you. I don't mean to be so vague about the situation, but, trust me when I say that it was not necessary and a bit uncalled for. I was upset at first and it was the last thing I read before I went to sleep. Thank you, kind person. I am ever so greatful, I now know what not to do, my dear superior.

I have been thinking that if all else fails, I will be a dog-walker. It pays rather well, believe it or not, and it will be something that is flexible with my school schedule. With the prospect of that and maybe a gig at Starbucks, or even an internship with someone who needs English majors, I'll be set. As long as I can still provide for my family, I'm happy. If life is full of struggles, then struggle I shall do. ;)

This morning after my and the dogs' soccer game, I came home, did laundry, put up the new curtain rods, cleaned, and bathed Briggon and Gisele. Gisele, whom I call "little one", was a handful. I had to hold her in the bathtub with one hand and bathe her with the other one. On the positive side, she dries in five minutes, whereas it takes 3 towels, a Sham-wow, a hair-dryer, and much time and patience to get Briggon even halfway dry. They despise bath-time, but they love it as they run out of their supposed jail cell that Mike and I call the bathroom.

The rest of today was lazy. I kept the television on AMC which was showing Mystic Pizza, and I just layed on the couch.

I really love the rain. I can tell that fall is approaching.....everywhere I go Halloween candy and costumes are popping up. Walgreens already has two aisles displaying rows and rows of candy. This approach baffles me, and makes most people ready for the holiday to be over before it even gets here.

My days are much better, even after 5, knowing that I am on a path of less stress. I will dig deeper into things as I continue my journey, but just keeping it in my head that I will not let bad energy get to me, has helped so much!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment