Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 14.........The Beat Goes On

So yesterday I went to the movies with a guy who is a customer of mine from work, and it was two, two and a half minute conversations, one before, and one after the movie. He is a nice guy, but it was weird because we really still do not know each other. I just wanted to get that out of the way.......

You know those days where you wake up at 5:47am, wanting a huge apple pancake, and you're willing to take the train all the way downtown to have one? Well, this morning was one of those mornings. Luckily, I rolled over and grabbed my eye mask and forced myself to go back to sleep.

I woke up again a little before 8 o'clock and convinced Mike to go to the burbs so that I could have an adventure trip to Hobby Lobby. It was rainy, and gray, and nothing beats a cloudy day than having craft hour at THE place of crafts. I hadn't been since I lived in Amarillo, over two years ago, so it was great. :) They had aisles and aisles of fall decorations and even Christmas ornaments and I was in Heaven! Then after that, after we left Hobby Lobby, we went to IKEA, where I had three levels of happiness. It was madness, madness that was needed.

I kept a close eye on my supposed 'control-freak' issue, noticing a bit of what Bryan was talking about as I drew a blank picture with my fingers of directions that the man at the gas station was giving me. After saying, "so it's almost like driving in a three-sided square, huh?" four times, I gave up. I looked like I was giving a meeting, and the woman behind me only wanted to pay for her Marlboro 100's, and I could tell that the man behind the counter thought I was an idiot. So with that, I put my fingers down and walked back out to the car with nothing, really. Oh well.

Later this afternoon, I walked through the park to Starbucks to grab an iced coffee, and as soon as I walked back out of the store it was pouring. I was only 6 blocks away from home, so I decided to call my friend, Dana, and walk it. I lasted about 15 minutes, and then I had to call Mike to get me. I was soaked, and it was kind of nice, because I really didn't care until the end. I got home and took a nap, something I never do, then ate my weight in Orange Chicken. MMMMMMMM.

I didn't call my bank once today. I didn't call any bill collector's once today. I let go.....today. I'm going to read past page 12 tonight with Eat, Pray, Love. I'm feeling good and I ripped out a new frangrance I like for fall out of the new GQ. Go me.

Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment