Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 16......A Skunk is NOT a Kitty

I didn't sleep much last night and I woke up at 1 o'clock in the morning to check my bank account. I know that I said I was going to stop, but my phone was lying right there next to my trusty eye mask, and the man's soothing automated voice was calling for me. So, I obliged. Then, at 3am, I was craving a Diet Sprite, and I haven't had a Diet Sprite since the last time I was sick, when you're supposed to drink Diet Sprite, because that's what you do. I was tempted to walk to 7-11, but it was rainy.

THEN I woke up at 6am, and that is when I began my day, at the Spin Cycle ready to do laundry half an hour later. Poor Mike, I sometimes feel sorry for him when I'm ready to conquer the world so early, and by world, I mean go shopping at thrift stores and garage sales before work. Why must I always be up and ready to go right when I wake up? I'm not one to just lounge around and watch sexy Matt Lauer on the Today Show, start the coffee maker, and lie on the sofa. No, no, no, not me, I have to jump in the shower, take the dogs to the park, then go to Starbucks and listen to whatever hip indie/jazzy music they're playing, THEN come home and watch sexy Matt Lauer on the Today Show as I prepare lunch for the morning and sweep the hardwood, all this even before a morning BM. I mean, seriously, sometimes I wish I could calm down and relax and just go with it. But, if I just go with it, I feel that I'm going to miss something, but in all honesty, I'm not going to miss anything. I'm rambling........

So, one of my all time favorite things to do in the morning is go to Target. I literally cannot get enough. I walk into that store with the biggest grin on my face, carrying it all the way to the Method cleaning products (because the Sweet Water scent makes me CRAZY). Then I just walk around and do nothing. Maybe this is my relaxation. wait........Maybe this is my relaxation? That's better. What if, instead of lying on the sofa sipping coffee, my relaxation is Target? Hmmmmm. Ladies and gentle ladies, I believe I have just had a breakthrough. Infact, what if my relaxation is really, in all honesty, walking around ANY retail establishment? It is my duty to relax, and if I must shop around in stores to accomplish full relaxation, who am I to not give myself this sense of zen? Ok then. Next time I go to Target, I will go to their "Serene CD" section next to maternity and meditate on something amazing, that only Target would have, and reach out to the wonderful towels and bath sheets that are so soft that I could, and probably would, meditate until I reached a perfect, no stress, utter perfection of what being carefree really is. Wow, that felt good.

I had a great day at work today, too. I had done a design consultation at a customer's house this past Monday, and he came in today to check out the ideas I had for his space. He really liked them and pretty much said, "Let's do it." So we did....and I'm going to help stage the space once it's delivered.

After work I went to the mall to buy hand soaps from Bath and Body Works, another guilty pleasure. Bath and Body Works is very much like Sephora, whereas it is a mecca for product whores like myself. I love it. Then I came home, went to Walgreens, went to get my winning lotto ticket, blah, blah, blah......and THEN, on my way home, I was walking past what I thought was a cat, when.....in fact.....it was......gulp.....a.......SKUNK! I had always thought that urban skunks were a myth.......but no, they are infact very real. It was dark on the block, and I saw it start to run away, and I could hear it's disgusting nails hitting the pavement as it ran down the sidewalk. I stood there, then I moved to the left, then the right.....I looked like I was doing the Electric Slide in the middle of an effing Cul-de-Sac, by myself, at 9:30 at night. Oh the humanity! Then it ran infront of me, crossing the road, I wanted to vomit. I couldn't vomit though, because for some reason, I was just as worried about the smell. I kept sniffing, and sniffing, then holding my breath and sniffing some more. Nothing. Thank God. I didn't want to get it on me, and knowing my luck, everyone in the apartment building where the incident was occuring in front of, would have opened their windows only to see a lone white boy with a serious gas problem. Not to be dramatic.

But alas, I am now lying in bed working on my blog, and I smell of Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works thanks to my trusty new bottle of hand soap. Life is good.

Abientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment