Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 6.....Money Can't Buy It (Well, Maybe a Little)

I woke up yesterday morning with Gisele patting her head on my face until I moved. It was a great day. The weather here in Chicago was picture-perfect, and the dogs and I took advantage. We went to the park, twice. The second time we went it was quite hot and sunny. So, we tried to lay out a bit, which didn't work out that well considering that Briggon was trying to jump in my lap every 2 seconds and Gisele only wanted to play with her soccer ball. They never tire out!

I was lucky enough to find at the library 'Eat, Pray, Love' and 'The Last Lecture'. I started EPL last night, and I expect that it will be a great read. I was at the library for about an hour last night. Yeah, I closed it down. Haha, don't people normally close the bar? Oh well, that's how I roll. I love the atmosphere of a good library, and if they have a good movie selection, even better.

One thing that I did yesterday morning, that I need to rid myself of, is reaching over to the nightstand, grabbing my phone, and dialing the automated system to my bank account. I did this while still half asleep and with Gisele still tapping her head on my face. I don't know why I feel the need to know my sense of worth, or in the case, lack thereof, first thing in the morning. Maybe if I had the phone number to the automated system that handled Oprah's bank account, and called it every morning, I would feel much better. But, this is one of my dilemmas. Why does money have to be such a huge part of my daily routine? I know I have to have money, but the amount that I have shouldn't be such an issue that I start my daily activities with a call to Bank of America. This will definitely be something that I will start to work on.

Due to my procrastinating nature, I have yet to really sit down and make lists and goals that I hope to complete within the time frame I am allowing myself. I will get it done though. If not, I will just blame it on what every other grown adult in America over the age of 25 does when they cannot finish something, and blame it on a self diagnosis of A.D.D.

Today, I am going to swim, sunburn, and lay on the grass and read. Briggon has a doctor's appointment as we speak, Mike took him, and then the rest of the day will be that of relaxation. Ha, look at me being all positive.

Have a great day everyone!

P.S. I didn't have a cigarette yesterday, nor have I had one yet today. It's much easier when I'm not at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment