Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 9........When It Rains, It Pours

As I lie here watching Bridget Jones Diary, I ask myself, "If I gain 40lbs, fake an English accent, will I get my choice between Hugh Grant and Colin Firth?" Probably not, but it is a bit fun to think about it, and my choice would clearly be Colin Firth, for some reasons which are clear, and others which will remain private.

Today was a GREAT day! I had many customers come back into the store to make purchases and one $6000 sale! This is a big deal for a small furniture/home accessories store, as well as for my paycheck. I had a small heart to heart with management, and was told that if I wanted to keep my job until I found a new one, that I could hold my two weeks notice.

I received an email today from a customer who wanted to schedule me to go to his apartment for a design consultation. I was supposed to have arrived at 8pm, but had to cancel until Monday due to the fact that I was held at work by a couple furnishing their new condo. THEN, a customer who has come in a few times, came back in today to pick some other things out for his new apartment. It's hard to keep it cool when your stomach is in your throat and you're light headed and UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I composed myself, helped him out and gave him advice, and did the best I could to play it cool, but at the same time, play it smooth. I'm sure I failed miserably, and he was handsome and so nice..............and I just received an email to go out for coffee............it's great to make friends through work. :)

My brother, Bryan, is flying up tomorrow. I'm excited and we're just going to relax, go to some thrift stores, the beach, the batting cages, etc; just hang out and probably do some swimming. I'm going to take him to the Forest Preserve too.

You know, I told Mike tonight that being positive and staying focused on being happy is really helping and showing a major affect on my life....and on his. There has been less stress and good things have happened. It makes me hopeful for what has yet to come, and I'm 112% geared up for the road ahead.

I just wanted to post something quick, I'm sorry it's short.

Goodnight to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment