Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 8.........Why? Because I Said Ho.

I accidentally called my boss a ho today. Actually, a hoe. I was replying to an email from my phone, and my damn (damn is not a bad word) automated text picked the word "hoe", instead of "got". Whoops. At least my email made no sense, and he figured it out. Technology these days, however scary it may be, can run my entire life, or apparently ruin it, so it should be able to read my mind. I'm just saying. Cell phone companies are probably waiting until the holidays to come out with that function for your phone though. Crazy hooplah.

Today was a bittersweet day. My coworker and wonderful friend, Amy, worked her last day today at our place of employment. There are certain people that come into your life where you immediately make a connection that will last a lifetime. She is one of those people to me. Love you, Amy!!! I will terribly miss working with you!

I had a job interview today that took place during my lunch break and I was really excited about it. I hadn't worn a belt in so long that this morning I was tearing through my closet trying to find one. I found one, and only one. Well, to be honest I found, like, 112, but 111 of them were Mike's and I was not blessed with his waistsize. Gisele had chewed on the end of my only belt, making it look like a small piece of black-colored chewed up bubble gum. Exquisite! I had no time to run to the local thrift store before work, so with only the means of my innovative wit to get by, I took a black Sharpie and a hot iron and made it work. The interview went really well, yet the pay offered was a bit off. A BIT. I was offered employment but I am going to take a couple of days to think about it. It goes to show that if people tell you there aren't any job opportunities out there, they're not looking hard enough. Jobs are out there, and this gave me hope in knowing that I will find something that will be just like me and my Sheer Blonde hair pomade, a perfect fit, and an amazing combination of what only dreams are made of.

I am impressed with the positive energy I've been carrying around with me. For instance, when there was a guy driving really slow in front of me down Lincoln Ave., I didn't shout foul language, nor did I give sign language learned from "The Road Rager's Guide to Driving in the City." I simply got into the other lane, lifted my hand when my car got next to their car, and turned up the radio because a Pink Floyd song came on. I was very proud of myself. And guess what, it wasn't even worth it, and I'm sure the next guy behind him gave him the finger and said a few choice words. It's too bad for him. ;)

I even tried meditating today while on hold with the Electric company. Their hold music is very zen and classical and I totally zoned out for 6 to 8 minutes until the next representative was connected. It was thuper great.

Anyway, I'm quite tired now, and Heidi Klum just said, "you're out", and I have to do what she says or else I'll have to buy one of her husband's CD's.

Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You're like McGyver with your sharpie and hot iron. The reasons you're awesome keep growing.

    ReplyDelete