Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 3......Another Gay, Another Bawler

I just watched an older gay man crying on the Antique Roadshow because an art expert gave him an appraisal of $120,000 to $180,000 for a nicotine-covered painting that was left to him by his mother. Could you imagine! That is a piece of hidden happiness right there, and who knew that years of cigarette smoke could give a painting a vintage-like appeal?

It was slow at work today so there isn't much to report. I had some great conversations with a few customers and also a few friends. I wanted to go out tonight, but it's hard to get ready to go out when your roommate has to go to bed at 8 o'clock in the evening. I need music and liveliness to get ready! So right now I'm just hanging out watching some black and white starring Bogart.

I think I am going to have to work a lot harder on things then I first thought. Monday will probably be a great time to make lists, and hopes and etc. I need to set up a "Visualization Board" in the office to help me, well, visualize. I only had a few cigarettes today, which is good, but I also had two snocones. It is insane to me how most people really do replace one addiction with another. I'm trying to think of different things instead of eating, to do instead of smoking. I'll figure it out eventually. I've lost 15 pounds, and I'm not looking for them.

Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment