Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 15........What's in a Name?

We are now on Day 2 of rain. I am rather enjoying it and see it as a sneak preview of fall. I finally got to get my books today at Northeastern, and I start school on Monday! It is amazing to me how 9 hours of school costs almost $300 in books. CRAZY! I have to be careful too, because I had $574 from Financial Aid, and I could go shopping with the rest of it in the bookstore. And believe me, I could! I was good though. We will see about tomorrow.

So.......today I had a customer in the store, who is a regular, and he called me "Patrick". Then, I had another customer come in today and asked, "It's Brett, right?" He was from New Zealand with an amazing accent, so I let that one slide. At the same time, during the course of today, I am having texting issues with a guy, and it is just annoying. It's too much! I was feeling sorry for myself until "text" guy came in to say 'hi'. Now it's awkward texts (or lack thereof) again. Oh well.

I was walking home from work, with a bit of a drizzle, and about 62 degrees, and it was awesome. I thought for a while about what was making me happy. I also thought that maybe, just maybe, to find true happiness I should try to be happy with what I have in my life now. Hmmmm?? The next few days I will ponder more into this and see what happens.

I'm about to read now, I was debating earlier on shortening my name from Brad, to something else, but if you can't remember a four letter name, then I don't care to get to know you anyway. I type this with the utmost positive energy.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment