Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Furniture Salesman Walks Into A Bar.........

I quit my job Friday morning and it felt amazing. I have for so long wanted to write that sentence. It's not the fact that its retail, because I really do love people and I used to love that place so much. It just changed, for the worse, and I could no longer be a part of it. I hear so many people say that they hate their jobs, and in the back of everyone's mind is, "well, it can't be THAT bad." In my case it was, so I quit. Case closed. :)

It would be so much easier if happiness could just appear. I sarcastically love how I can find happiness by quitting my job, but, happiness will ensue after enduring the part of finding another one. My job should not define me nor my happiness. I work to live, I do not live to work. I was, however, letting my work create a huge gray "Peanuts" type cloud over my head, and it was with me everywhere - in my sleep, in my home life, in my car, in my e-mail......this shouldn't have happened. I took necessary steps to try and rectify the situation. These steps did not work, no matter how professional they were taken. Some people just become drunk with power and when you do everything right, it becomes an intimidation, and it comes down to me being too young for growth. *bullshit* Isn't that funny? I'll take that as a compliment, because I am very young looking, and I will not suffer as you are right now. That deserves a smiley face. :) And my numbers spoke for themselves which deserves two smiley faces. :) :) But that's just me being a bit spiteful.

Thankfully, the sun was shining and it was 84 degrees outside on the day I quit. I was thankful, I took it in, and I went to the beach with my dogs. I didn't think about not having a job, I took the day to not worry about anything (because it was a very stressful week, despite work), and it was amazing. When you are standing with your feet in the sand, and you see so much life and the enjoyment of it and the warmth of the sun is burning your face and you have a Double Diet Coke Big Gulp in your hand - it's euphoric. I went to bed that night and had the best sleep of my life - who cares if a generic sleeping pill was involved.

Backtracking to the beginning of the week - Bryan flew in from TX on Sunday. We had fun that day, and that was the start of my not smoking. The next night we went to the Big Gay Supper Club, and I drank way too much, which honestly is not like me - and it was a long night that I want to forget, so that's what I'm doing. I didn't do anything bad (I don't think) but I lost my fucking driver's license which was a Texas DL. Now I have to take everything I own to the DMV so I can assure them that I am me. Bryan flew back on Tuesday and that afternoon, Mike and I packed up the dogs and drove up to Racine, WI. Why?? I dunno. Cheese, we wanted good cheese, and we found an assload of it at a lesbian antique store called Tim and Tom's. :) I call it a lesbian antique store because lesbians were running the place. Ton's of Coca-Cola memorabilia. I could be wrong, and they very well could have been Tim and Tom 8 years ago.

I stood in line with the rest of the crazies of Chicago - Northside yesterday at the Social Security office for 36 hours. I lost my SS card when we moved here, and I need it for the new DL and it's a huge mess.

Sorry this blog is so boring, excuse me, sobering; it will be better next time. I did of course find another job, and have my final interview on Monday. So send lots of luck my way!!!!! I haven't smoked in 7 days now, so I've been moving a mile a minute to stay busy.

Blah.....goodnight!

P.S. I found a flowershop near my apt this morning in the beautiful rain. The arrangements are dated and traditional, but the cooler is filled with amazing stems (and cheap too). It's Beu's Flowers, check em out, get the Bells of Ireland, they're my favorite.

P.S.S. Will somebody please tell me what the point of having Yelp.com is if the business can call and have the bad reviews deleted? Yes, this is true. -------- We don't take responsibilty and find a solution for the problem, we delete these reviews, they're personal attacks. -----Okay, I'm done. :)

P.S.S.S. I usually know the difference from when someone is being sincere and genuinely nice while I'm working, and when they just want a discount. I was duped big time by a dude who's too cool for school and I just wanted to make a friend out of the situation. Then I made it worse by sending an email. I rocked it out with a bang. That's how I roll. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment